There is an issue being experienced by some users of Chrome on Mac OS X when viewing a Ryuzine publication. What happens is the publication displays with glitchy graphics and any attempt to interact with it will cause the entire screen to glitch and the system to freeze, requiring a hard reset.
This is a known, recurring bug in Google Chrome involving hardware acceleration on some versions of Mac OS X, beginning with Mavericks. Note that this is not a problem with Ryuzine or exclusive to viewing Ryuzine publications. Other hardware accelerated web content can also trigger this problem.
Here is the work-around to prevent it from happening in the future:
- Type “chrome://settings/” in your browser’s address bar.
- Scroll to the bottom and click “Advanced Settings” to expand it.
- Find the “System” section and UNCHECK the “Use hardware acceleration when available” if it was already checked or CHECK it if it wasn’t (in other words try it both ways).
- Restart Google Chrome
- Return to the Ryuzine that crashed your system, it should no longer cause screen freezing.
However, the display of the Ryuzine publication may still be very blocky/glitchy! This has also been observed in Google Chrome for Android. Here’s how to fix that:
- Open the “Options” panel and look for “Depth FX” in the Add-Ons section.
- Make sure the switch is set to “OFF”
- If it’s still glitchy turn “Page Shadows” off as well.
- If it’s still glitchy turn “3D Page Turns” off too.
- The absolute last ditch effort is to turn off “Page Animations” as well.
You may need to change these settings for multiple publications if they are on different domain servers.